Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » USS Oriskany Forums » Looking For...

Post subject: Agent Orange Aboard Big "O"
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:04 pm 

:> I am looking to find any one who can varify or give any evidence of Agent Orange that was stored aboard the Oriskany in the hangar bay #2. I was an aircraft mechanic in F-8 squadron VF-162 on the cruise in 1965 to the West Pac, including Yankey Station off the coast of Viet Nam.. I am also looking for squadron mates from that year. My name is William A Bailey, I went by Bill, or Beetle Bailey. I remember 55 gallon barrels of the stuff stored along the port side hanger bay #2. Any help, I would be forever greatful. The Agent Orange was said to be sprayed via some of VA 165's AD Skyraiders (Spads)??? Thanks in advance. Bill Bailey former ADJ 3 VF 162 The Hunters.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Agent Orange Aboard Big "O"
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:21 am 

I think those drums might have been naplam mix, my fuel crew along with the ordanceman used to mix Naplam on the hanger deck we would sometimes mix about 100. I never heard of any agent orange on board. Thats all I know we could have had some agent orange, one never knows do one.
Charlie V-4 60-65

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Agent Orange Aboard Big "O"
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:05 pm 

:D Charley,
Thank you so much for the response to my post. That makes sense to me. The thing that made me wonder about it was a squadron mate of mine named Rick Musselman and I were working in the #2 hanger on our F-8's as plane captains and I asked Rick what all the orange stuff was on the sides of the AD's and he said they were spraying Agent Orange, I never thought anything about it at the time. Thanks again,
Bill Bailey

Profile E-mail  

Board index » USS Oriskany Forums » Looking For...